Rosa Palustris • Perennial
Also known as the “Swamp Rose”, the Wild Pink Marsh Rose is typically found in wetlands, such as swamps and marshes. Their presence in these areas is often a form of protection for the ecosystem around it, and much like us, they’ve adapted to become resilient amidst challenging conditions. May their beautiful pink blooms encourage you to defend against any challenges that come your way.
- Dimensions: 4.5" x 3.25"
- Contains: Approximately 12 seeds
Includes a small to and from area on back flap to gift!
- Organic & non-GMO sustainably sourced seeds from reputable partners in Canada
- Packaged by hand in Halifax, Nova Scotia
When: Late fall, or start indoors over winter to plant in spring or summer
Where: Full sun to partial shade, with moist soil
Blooms: Late summer
- Gently nick the seeds with a nail file or sandpaper, being careful not to damage the inside.
- Dig small holes about ¼” deep in soil and spaced a few inches apart.
- Place 2-3 seeds in each hole and lightly cover with soil, patting down gently.
- Water the area gently.
- Apply a thin layer of mulch, such as straw or shredded leaves, over the seeded area.
Kristen De Palma is a lettering and mural artist in Halifax, Nova Scotia. For nearly a decade, she has been bringing stories to life through the beauty of lettering.
You can find murals Kristen designed and painted in dozens of locations around Nova Scotia, from the Annapolis Valley to Halifax.
She is a big believer in looking to something old to create something new, and sources inspiration from the Victorian design era where letters were ornate, decorative and timeless.
Kristen lives in Halifax with her husband Justin and their sweet family of rescue pets.