Often found growing in wooded areas or meadows, the heart-shaped leaves and red, sweet berries of the woodland strawberry are a delightful treat to those fortunate enough to stumble upon them. May these tiny treasures bring you a reminder to be open to the unexpected delights that can come our way.
- Dimensions: 4.5" x 3.25"
Includes a small to and from area on back flap to gift!
- Organic & non-GMO sustainably sourced seeds from reputable partners in Canada
- Packaged by hand in Halifax, Nova Scotia
Pair these with:
Wildflowers - to wish happiness alongside love & luck.
Painted Daisies - to wish love & luck alongside a fresh start.
When: Early spring or early fall.
Where: Partial shade.
Tip: Add a layer of organic mulch, like straw or wood chips, around the plants to retain moisture and suppress weed growth.
1. Loosen soil to a depth of 6-8 inches using a garden fork.
2. Scatter seeds about 6-8 inches apart over prepared soil.
3. Gently press seeds into soil, ensuring they are lightly covered by about ¼ inch of soil.
4. Water the area gently.
Kristen De Palma is a lettering and mural artist in Halifax, Nova Scotia. For nearly a decade, she has been bringing stories to life through the beauty of lettering.
You can find murals Kristen designed and painted in dozens of locations around Nova Scotia, from the Annapolis Valley to Halifax.
She is a big believer in looking to something old to create something new, and sources inspiration from the Victorian design era where letters were ornate, decorative and timeless.
Kristen lives in Halifax with her husband Justin and their sweet family of rescue pets.